Hannah Buttle (she/her) is a freelance reporter for various titles, including VICE and City A.M.
Before freelancing, Hannah was GlobalCapital's corporate loan correspondent, where she broke stories on the impact of Russia's invasion of Ukraine on the loan market, greenwashing, and gender equality in banking.
She also set up graphsandglitter.com in 2021, which aims to make economic research accessible to a wider audience.
Hannah holds a degree in economics from UCL.
GlobalCapital highlights (paywalled)
- Waiting for an LBO: loan market scrambles for M&A deals (April 2022)
- Sopra Steria pioneers new SLL structure (April 2022)
- Energy sector to drum up funds as Europe freezes out Russian oil and gas (March 2022)
- NatWest nabs from Crédit Agricole (March 2022)
- Trafigura pulls together liquidity facility in days (March 2022)
- Loans and levfin down but not out as invasion shocks Europe (February 2022)
- Opinion: Banks resist pay transparency at their peril (February 2022)
- Actis breaks new ground with 'hybrid' SLL (February 2022)
- Fibre frenzy could reach new heights in 2022 (January 2022)
- Higher rates to help loan market in short term, but a worry for later (January 2022)
- Emerging markets still lag on dollar Libor transition in loans (December 2021)
- Hafslund Eco nets refi as market winds down (November 2021)
- Ibstock refreshes debt with loans and PPs (November 2021)
- Leonardo pulls in pricing for sustainable RCF (October 2021)
- Opinion: Time for private equity to consider the 'S' in ESG (September 2021)
- Mediclinic signs rare African SLL (September 2021)
- Post-Brexit licensing rules force UK bank to pass on TUI loan (August 2021)
- Loans bankers gear up for back-to-school boost in EMEA (August 2021)
- Delta Fiber agrees €2bn financing for fibre optic roll-out (August 2021)
- SLLs without KPIs could tarnish market's reputation, bankers fear (July 2021)
- HA Hightown signs green PP as investors warm up to unsecured lending (July 2021)
- Foreigners reveal what shocked them most about renting in London (VICE UK)
- UK has ‘significant’ ethnic wealth gaps, latest data suggest (City A.M.)
- Excel glitch “propelled England to a different stage of the pandemic,” researchers say (City A.M.)
- Growth rate of UK R&D funding slips to the lowest in nearly a decade (City A.M.)
- How does the UK's capital gains tax compare to other nations? (City A.M.)
- UK youth unemployment reaches its highest level in four years (City A.M.)
- Treasury advisor sacked by Dominic Cummings wins five-figure payout (City A.M.)
- Working from home may put women at a disadvantage: Warwick University (City A.M.)
- 90 per cent of UK trade not covered by free trade deals post-Brexit (City A.M.)
- The great battery race: Brexit could put the brakes on the UK’s electric vehicle industry (WhichEV)
- Not the avocado toast: here's why you can't afford to buy a house in London (Graphs and Glitter)
- The future postponed: when will carbon capture take off? (Graphs and Glitter)
- Why the UK could slash its carbon emissions, probably (Graphs and Glitter)
- The thinking woman's guide to marrying rich (Graphs and Glitter)
- Consider those who don't take A-levels (The Yorkshire Post)
- Live Business News (The City Post)
- A-level Results Day 2019 Live (Education Policy Institute)
Graphs and Glitter was set up to make the latest economic research available and to combat economic misinformation.
We put traditionally "feminine" symbols, like glitter, front and centre, because we're tired of seeing the "fun and feminine" as a hindrance to the serious and scientific.
We believe that economics is for everyone.